Massage chairs can be very expensive and it is important that you choose the right one for you. Additionally, you can save hundreds of dollars if you know where to buy it at the lowest price online without compromising quality and service.
Below are things to look at before you purchase a massage chair:
Brand – The first thing that you must take into consideration is the brand. There are a lot of manufacturers today but most of them make low-quality products. With the price of these machines going for thousands of dollars, you should make sure that you are getting high quality and durable products.
The most reliable brands include Panasonic, Inada, Osaki, and Human Touch. But there are always new brands coming out so it can also help if you do your own research.
Features and Functions – This is the second thing that you must look at and you must have at least a little idea on what you want. You must buy a model that has everything that you need, and conversely, does not come with anything that you don’t otherwise you’d be just paying for it and not using it.
Here are the thing you should look for:
- Zero Gravity which is a very relaxing recline position
- Body Scan Technology to “map” the contours of your back for a customized massage.
- Heat feature which is usually located on the lumbar area and can be very relaxing.
- Foot Rollers for reflexology – other models offer only air massage on the foot area.
- Roller Tracks are usually 30 inches, but others can also go as long as 50 inches L-track that reaches the back of the thigh.
- Target Spots to make sure that it can focus on problematic areas like arms, calves, and neck or see whether it’s a Full-body massager or not.
- Auto Programs make everything easier and varies from model to model from 3 up to 11.
- Massage Styles like kneading, compression, and shiatsu. Some only offer vibration.
- Strength options include: Deep Tissue and Mid-Strength depending on what you want.
- The Number of Airbags also vary from 10 to 50.
- Height and Weight capacities are also shown on comparison tables like below.
- MP3 is not that important especially that you can play your song with your smartphone.
Date of Release – The latest products do not automatically mean that they are better than their predecessors. But it is still useful to factor as the newest models have the latest technology which is important. This is also similar to buying gadgets like smartphones and laptops.
Customer Reviews – If you have already found a brand and model that you really like but still not sure, you should refer to reviews to know more about it.
It can be very helpful but make sure that these reviews are from verified buyers as some are just paid by companies to make their products look great. Reputable online stores like Amazon identifies the reviews if its coming from those who really bought the item. See real customer feed back here on massage chairs from Amazon.
Dimensions – Remember that these machines can be bulky and take up a lot of space. So if you are looking to buy one for your office or if you are living in a small apartment, you should go for the iJoy products. Make sure that you refer to the dimensions of the product in the page. See this COMPARISON TABLE CHART (click to enlarge):
Price – The price of a specific product may differ from one store to another. You can really save a lot if you know where to find the lowest price. Also, make sure what the inclusions are such as the warranty and shipping as these can really add up.
And as for the warranty, it is usually 3 years which is enough but you can also avail for extended warranties of up to 5 years. Make sure to ask the manufacturer about this.
MassageChairDeals.com offers a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) guarantee and they will even offer a price match if you find a lower price from theirs. What’s more is that they will even help with financing with zero interest if paid in 6 months which is a big help.
You can also go to Amazon.com which is one of the biggest and most trusted sites online.
Personal Preferences – These are the things that may not crucial but still useful to know. The chairs come in various materials and colors and it is all up to you which one you’re going to pick.
The most common material used is synthetic leather, but if you have the budget, you can go for the more expensive types of leather. There are also several colors to choose from but the popular ones are black and brown as these are the safest when it comes to matching with your decor.